Makerere University Research Repository >
College of Health Sciences >
Infectious Diseases Institute
Community home page
- IDI is a centre of excellence, which is part of Uganda’s preeminent medical training institution, the Makerere University College of Health Sciences.
- IDI is registered as a non-government organization, is owned by Makerere University, and is funded by both public and private resources.
- IDI’s focus is strengthening care and treatment of HIV and related infectious diseases – for people living with HIV across Africa.
- IDI facilitates this through offering high quality training for health workers;
- research on best practices related to HIV in low resource settings;
- and advanced clinical services that support the development of new models of care.
Collections in this community